Python Software Engineer ( Engineering | Full-time or Part-time | Remote)
About Regulatory Genome
Born out of research at the University of Cambridge, the Regulatory Genome’s mission is to sequence the world’s financial regulation. Its platform of open, machine-readable regulatory information is removing compliance bottlenecks and accelerating digitization and innovation across the financial services sector.
As we are embarking on our exciting journey; we are looking for an experienced Python Software Engineer to join our virtual team on a permanent basis. We are not particular about which location you are based.
If you are smart, a self-starter, interested in growing a career in machine learning engineering and able to work as part of a small team of developers and SMEs, then this may be the role for you! As a start-up, we have created an environment of learning and training on the job and anyone who joins us will get the same opportunity.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Web scraping or crawling and indexing documents
- Developing web services as APIs
- Developing machine learning models to classify text and extract information
Skills, experience and qualifications (ideally meeting a minimum of 3 requirements below)
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience using Python 3 is a must
- Experience in web scraping or crawling
- Developed web services as APIs
- NLP experience preferred – in particular classification or information extraction
- Ideally worked with PostgreSQL database management system
- Used Elasticsearch engine
- Deployed on cloud platforms (eg. AWS)
- Developed with Docker
- Ability to work independently
- Systematic approach to sharing knowledge and best practices across the team
- Clear sense of accountability and professional integrity